Home Page


Admissions September 2018


Thank you for visiting our website.  If you are interested in your child attending our school we hope the information contained in our prospectus and on our website will give you a flavour of what North Farnborough Infant School can offer.


A child's first year in school is very important and we offer a caring, stimulating environment which is specifically designed to meet the needs of four and five year olds.  To ensure a smooth transition between home and school there are many opportunities for parents and children to visit the school to take part in a variety of activities prior to full time attendance.


Starting School in Reception Class 2018

If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 they will be due to start school in the school year beginning September 2018.  Hampshire County Council is responsible for the admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled primary schools in Hampshire.  Applications for children due to start primary and junior School in September 2018 will open on 1st November 2017.  You will have until Monday 15 January 2018 to apply for a Reception Class school place.


We know how important choosing the right school for your child is and that you will be keen to visit schools within the area in order to make an informed decision.   We would like to invite you to one of the Admission 2018 Information Meetings being held this year at our school

Tuesday 26th September 2017 at 7pm

Friday 29th September 2017 at 9.30am or

Wednesday 18th October 2017 at 9.30am


If you are unable to attend any of these dates please note that you can still come and look around the school on the following dates


Tuesday 14th November 2017 at 9.30am

Tuesday 21st November 2017 at 9.30am

Wednesday 10th January 2018 at 9.30am


Click here to book any of the above dates

In Year Admissions


Applying for a school place in-year

There are two main reasons why you might be applying for a school place outside of the usual transfer times. You might be moving house or unhappy with your child’s current school. Such requests to change schools usually occur during the school year, which is why they are referred to as 'in-year' admissions.


How to apply

If you wish to make an in-year application to our school or any publicly funded school in Hampshire, you can apply online at or request an application form directly from us.  Paper applications should be submitted to your preferred school.  The school will normally write to you with the decision within 10 school days.


Parents wishing to apply for a place at a publicly funded school in another local authority should contact that local authority for an application and advice about their in-year admission procedures.